Monday, April 2, 2012

Response: story of a suicide

In the article: The Story of A Suicide, I found it very offsetting at first because of the name and the suggestive content it might hold, and to my surprise it was exactly that. I found the article had great potential to be offensive and inappropriate, but the rawness and the severity of the topic was an eye opening/necessary for people. This is a topic very close to my heart because I have had friends of mine commit suicide for being bullied for a variety of reasons, however the biggest factor was for their sexual orientaion. Why do people care so much? Why are people so afraid of themselves, of others, and their differences? All these questions and more like it were interjected into. This article brought up important and truthful facts about how a lot of people assume these stereotypes out of the gay community. Its sad that just so many people don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment