Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shitty First Drafts

Anne Laymott's article about shitty first draft talks about how every writer has to set their mind to start writing an article or anything, and that even the professional writers have to face the fear of first drafts and how much they hate it.

I would say the article is an extremely interesting article, because it talks about how authors deal with the first drafts. I like the article not only because I'm able to relate my fear of writing with theirs and also because the advices he is giving. I like the one particular advice where he said "First draft is the down draft-you just get it dow. The second draft is the up draft- you fix it up. You try to say what you have to say more accurately. And the third draft is the dental draft, where you check every tooth, to see if it's loose or cramped or decayed, or even, God help us, healthy" (Lammot 72)

No comments:

Post a Comment