Thursday, March 29, 2012

Response to Roy Peter Clark

I can totally understand where Clark is going with this essay. When I was younger I felt like the big essays were to punish us instead of help us. Now I see that all of those papers prepared me for the future but back then I hated it!
I felt that way until I started classes I actually love and then writing became easier. I like how he says that a teacher wouldn't punish a kid with having to draw a picture or do science, ect. That shows you that writing is being associated with punishment. If a teacher made me do math or something I enjoy for punishment I wouldn't be where I'm at right now. I feel like that is the reason I'm not as skilled in writing and reading because that will always make me think I'm being punished.

1 comment:

  1. I myself have never been punished with writing and anyway I think I would just make the most out of it if I were. I would be interested in hearing about how you think writing is a kind of punishment and in what ways you think writing can be a bit more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete