Friday, March 30, 2012

Response to The Discourse of Academics

I like what Rose said about how intimidating it is to be in a group which act far too differently from your origin and how it can be difficult. As the matter of fact, I'm currently in that situation. I came from a small country in south east asia and it is sometimes very hard and scary to interact with people, as English is my second language. Plus, I get her idea about how people have to talk differently in different kinds of situation. I noticed that the way I talk to my friends and the way I talk to my professors and the way I talk to my parents are very different. I also get her idea about how people act differently on materials that they are not familiar with. The constant fear of whether I get it right or wrong whenever I answer an unfamiliar question is just so tiring.
Overall, I think it is a good article. I like it especially because it states about a situation remotely similar to the situation I'm in right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment