Monday, May 21, 2012

Response to Of Plagiarism, Paper Mills, and the Harried Hurried Student


Hourigan the author begins the essay with the explanation of how plagiarism has always been around although it was much more difficult to attain others words because of the absence of the internet. She then suggests the argument about how the accessibility to of mass amounts of information leads to more plagiarism. She then goes into to detail about how universities are trying to stop it with harsh penalties and such.

Although I do not believe in plagiarism I do not believe that a accidental plagiarism or not knowing that you had plagiarized results in the same punishment which this day in age results in a terrible amount of trouble. I have also never been in trouble for this but every time I submit a paper to safe assign and see that it under 15% matching it is a weight lifted off my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment