Friday, May 11, 2012

"A Plagarism Pentimento" by Rebecca Moore Howard

In this ariticle Rebecca Howard talks about patchwriting. As a teacher she noticed when someone was writing plagarized work, but realized not all of it was. Some students in her class she noticed was patchwriting or taking pieces from information or quotes. She believed this not to be plagarized, and felt as if the students were being commited of a crime that wasn't. She then knew that students were not really being taught how to do this, so she taught her students to inform them.

I agree with Rebecca's thinking about patchwrting, and I personally do not believe that patchwriting should be plagarism. It is not all the information taken from a piece of writing. I do it time to time with some of my papers, but that's basically the only way I know how to write some papers with evidence without having to write a bunch of quotes. I was never really taught about this in school so I never knew it was a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment